Inception Sciences is growing. Join an innovative team of drug-discovery scientists dedicated to the development of high-value therapies for the treatment of serious human diseases.
DMPK Scientist Position in Vancouver
Inception Sciences Canada is currently seeking a DMPK scientist to join our existing drug discovery team at our laboratories situated on Great Northern Way in Vancouver. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the new DMPK suite and for the development and execution of strategies necessary to address key program DMPK issues in the discovery phase. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of in vitro ADME and in vivo PK studies, including experimental design, execution and data analysis, and will actively contribute to laboratory work. Strong LCMS/MS capabilities are required as well as the ability to maintain and troubleshoot a mass spectrometer. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and communication skills, will be able to lead projects independently and will propose innovative solutions to DMPK issues. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary drug discovery team of chemists, biologists and pharmacologists.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in DMPK, Chemistry or Biochemistry with training in analytical chemistry.
- Drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- A strong team player who enjoys scientific discovery and has the ability to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Technical knowledge of mass spectrometry for bioanalytical analysis is required.
- Human pharmacokinetic prediction experience is desirable.
- Experience with microsomal stability assays, metabolite identification, CYP inhibition and induction, covalent trapping, plasma protein binding, solubility determination, as well as the ability to work with hepatocytes is desirable.
The position title, compensation and benefits will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications. Inception Sciences is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment.
Please submit your CV and supporting documents to H-R@inceptionsci.ca.