Job Opportunities at Inception Therapeutics
Senior Research Associate/Research Scientist: Compound Management
Inception Sciences in San Diego, CA is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated Senior Research Associate/Research Scientist to join our multidisciplinary drug discovery team in developing small molecule therapeutics to treat unmet medical needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in compound management operations, lab automation and scientific software applications. Also, relevant experience working in a drug discovery environment is required.
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine founded in 2011 with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biotechnology companies. Inception’s integrated chemistry, biology and DMPK expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation.
- Organize and maintain inventory of company compounds
- Fulfill compound requests including compound libraries
- Register compounds from internal and external sources
- Set up and manage appropriate automation systems
- Manage compound data in company databases
- Participate in plating and screening compounds in biological assays
- Provide input on process improvements
- Trouble shoot and maintain systems
- Other duties as requested
- B.S. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of industry experience working in compound management
- Familiarity with compound libraries and automated systems
- Experience in analytical chemistry techniques
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong team player that enjoys drug discovery and making a meaningful impact to drive projects forward
- Must have strong computer skills and proficiency with standard scientific software.
- Desire, flexibility and initiative to tackle new tasks and challenges.
- Aptitude for working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication of scientific ideas and data.
- Strong commitment to business ethics.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to HR@inceptionsci.com.